Syncing the Item Master
Extensive list of retail products that has been established for an account or franchise to be made available to individual locations on the account, as necessary.
When syncing the item master, it's recommended to do so on an as-needed basis. Syncing thousands of products into a store can create a bloated and irrelevant inventory, while contributing to longer load times on the POS.
Item Master Sync Filters and Options
- Category: Determines which individual Product Category will be transferred to the receiving salons, with the option of selecting all of them.
- Brand: Choose which Brands will be included in the synchronization transfer, and also gives users the option of selecting all of them at once.
- Items: Choose between four in relation to the transfer
All Products in Location
All Products in Item Master
Not in My Store
Out of Sync
Filter to show only products that the shop already has in it's inventory.
Filter to show only products that are found in the Item Master.
Filter to show only products that are not already in a store's inventory.
Filter to show only products that have recently had changes made to them in the Item Master.
- Search: Search the Item Master by any keyword, code, or other identifier.
- Ignore Vendor: Choose whether or not to sync the vendor when performing the Item Master sync.
Synchronizing Salon Item Master
- From anywhere on iOffice, select the Store Sync tab in the overhead toolbar, and then select the Item Master sub-menu within.
- In the drop down menu provided, select the store you would like to use as the master store in this instance - this is the store you will be copying the Item Master from.
- Carefully review the filters and options sub-menu to narrow the Item Master you can sync, as well select a few optional items you'd like include or exclude in the sync. Please see the Item Master Sync Filters and Options section above to learn more about these options.
- Click or tap on the "View" button.
- Select the individual products that are to be synchronized to the receiving salons, and then click or tap on the "Synchronize Selected Items" button.
- Take the time to quickly review the options you've selected to be sure it's exactly how you want it. Click or tap the Synchronize Test button at the bottom of the page. A pop-up menu will then generate, showing any errors that may have been experienced during the test. A more detailed explanation of any errors will be explained in the Synchronize Messages text field.
- Click or tap on the Synchronize Selected Items button.
- You can verify that the sync took place by confirming the changes that were applied in the sync on any of the receiving stores' Item Master list under Manager > Item Master.