Tips Estimate Report
Location: Reports > Payroll > Tips Estimate
Estimated tip amounts for each individual employee based on a date range, and organized by payment method and other metrics.
Use Cases by Role
- Salon Owner: This report can be utilized by salon owners who are curious as to what payment method results in the best tips.
- Salon Manager: Managers can reference this report to get an idea for how much tips will be owed to staff members at closing time.
- Salon Employee: Frontline salon staff such as stylists and receptionists can use this report to see the percentage values of their tips versus other payment methods.
- Select a Store: Clicking or tapping here will open the interface that allows the user to select the store(s) that will be be used for the report.
- Date Range: Clicking or tapping into this field will generate a calendar interface for the user to select a single date, or a date range.
- Generate Report: Clicking or tapping on this button will generate the report based on the other filter criteria.
Employee: This column will display all of the salon staff members who were working during the date range, last name first.
- Sales: The total dollar value of revenue generated by credit card sales for this staff member.
- Tips: The total dollar value of all tips collected for credit card payment methods.
- %: The percentage value of tips versus sales using the credit card payment method.
Cash and Checks
- Sales: The total dollar value of all sales generated by the staff member, using non-credit card payment methods.
- Tips + Adjustments: The total dollar value of all tips from non-credit payment methods, including any adjustments.
- %: The percentage value of tips versus sales using noncredit card payment methods.
- Estimated Tips: The total dollar value of tips estimated to be owed to the employee, based on the percentage value of credit card sales.
- Diff: The plus or minus dollar value of Estimated Tips versus Tips + Adjustments.
- % Diff: The plus or minus percentage value of Estimated Tips versus Tips + Adjustments.