This submenu is used to review and configure all of the appropriate networking information to allow for SuperSalon to communicate with iOffice via the upload function.
Internet Setup Submenu Breakdown
Upload Settings (Default View)
All of the information necessary for a successful upload is input here, including the time for an automatic system reboot.
The UpSys service is constantly running in the background during the times configured on this page. From here, users have the choice of either a listed schedule, or a predetermined interval for the upload schedule. The features and options included in this first page of the Internet Setup submenu include:
- Version/PHP Version: This text display shows the version information for both the UpSys service, and the PHP that controls it.
- Settings: The Internet address for the upload host is input into the top text field of this section. The unique username and password for the upload feature when it communicates with the iOffice server is also determined here. The only personnel authorized to change this information is RSD technical support during troubleshooting scenarios, or at the business owners request.
- Dialup Account: For locations that utilize a dial-up connection for their networking ability, the phone number and other information necessary for the connection our input here. Clicking the "Enable Dialup" checkbox activates or deactivates this feature.
- For locations using dial-up, we highly recommend that customers do not use the Interval Mode. It will disrupt calls and disrupt credit card transactions.
- For locations with shared dial-up lines, we strongly advise using the "List Mode" option, and having upload times occur after hours.
- Misc: The two fields that comprise this section determine how many rows of the SuperSalon database are sent during a standard upload, as well as the time zone for the location, selected by drop-down.
- Schedule: The "Mode" selection found here will determine whether or not the upload takes place at a set interval of time, or at a predetermined set of time periods throughout the day.
- Interval Mode Settings: If "Interval" is selected in the schedule portion of this interface, these settings will determine the time period between uploads, as well as the exact start and end times.
- List Mode Settings: If the location has opted for the "List" mode for its uploads, seven specific times can be determined with these text fields for the upload schedule.
- Auto Reboot: Inputting a specific time into this text field will determine when the SuperSalon PC automatically reboots itself. If left blank, no automatic reboot to take place.
This section of the Internet setup submenu contains technical information along with the status of both the remote server and the UpSys service itself.
- Local Network: Used as a reference tool for technical support, this section displays all of the networking information unique to the salon such as IP address, and the current state of the network adapter.
- Remote Server: This section of the UpSys Status interface will show if there is any connectivity to the upload server from the SuperSalon point-of-sale.
- UpSys Service: This section of the interface will show whether or not the UpSys service itself is running or not.
- Restart Service: Using this button will stop and start the UpSys service, which can serve to alleviate common problems, but should only be done at the behest of RSD technical support.
Clicking into this part of the submenu will display a report of all of the recent uploads from the system, and also contains details for success or failure.
In this section of the Internet setup submenu, users can view a list of all the most recent uploads, their success or failure, and duration. The symbols on the bottom section of the interface provide important information about the uploads with these details:
- Standard Upload: A basic upload that takes all new information registered on the POS, and adds it to the iOffice cloud management system.
- Full Upload: Full Uploads take the entire SuperSalon database from the location's PC and overwrites all information currently in iOffice. This can be problematic if not planned correctly, and should only be done at the behest of RSD technical support.
- Store Overwrite: Essentially the polar opposite of the full upload in that it takes all information currently in iOffice, and overwrites the POS database on the SuperSalon PC.
- Update Only: This symbol signifies that the purpose of the current listed upload is to update the core software, or its associated services and features.
- Success: This green checkmark indicates that there were no problems with the upload listed.
- Warning: This symbol indicates that there was an issue with the upload associated with it. Clicking on the "Details" link will provide more information on the problem.
- Error: The red X indicates that the listed upload was unsuccessful, and no data was transmitted to iOffice. As above, clicking the "Details" link will provide further information.
- In Progress: This animated swirl signifies that the upload is currently taking place.
Upload Overview Details
Clicking on the Details link will provide a report on the listed upload, and gives users the ability to track where in the process success or failure occurred. From this report, we can also see the steps involved in the upload process itself, from registering the correct username, to clearing up temporary clutter from the exchange.
When problems are experienced with the upload functionality, this report is the best first step in troubleshooting the issue.
This quickly generated report displays the parts of the SuperSalon database tables which will be included in the next upload cycle.