iOffice Discount Management
Manage current salon discounts and discount settings.
iOffice Discount Profiles
- Discount Code: The discount code can be any unique numeric code, in any organizational pattern that is preferred.
- Name: This is the name of the discount as it will appear in most reporting and on the sales and checkout screens.
- Description: More detailed description of the discount.
- Apply Discount to Sale Commission: This setting enables users to determine how this Discount will affect the commission paid on a product or service, after the discount has been attached.
Example: if an employee sells a $15.00 item with a $1.50 discount, they are paid commission on the $13.50 sale. In other words, 100% of the discount was removed from the commission.
If this is set to Yes, a lower percentage amount can be selected to affect the commission. This is useful when products and services are heavily discounted, and employees can still get a reasonable commission.
- Discount Valid From/Through: These two rows of text fields are where the dates for the discount's term of availability are set. Discounts will appear as options in the checkout screen after the start date, and will disappear when the end date expires.
- Free Service: When this box is checked, the use of a free service will register in SuperSalon's discount reports.
- Bounce-Back: These generally refer to coupons given to customers at the salon, offering a discount on a return service. This box should be checked if users would like to see bounce-back discounts listed in the discount reports.
- House Sale Only: House sales generally refer to tickets that are processed without employee commission attached. This box should be checked if the discount applies only to the sales.
- Requires Override: This box should be checked if the discount will require management staff to approve of its use in a ticket.
- Available Quota/Used Quota: If users would prefer that this discount be used a limited amount of times, the available quota should be set to that desired number. Each time the discount is processed in a sale, the available quota will shrink while the used field will grow until all instances have been used.
- Enable Coupon: Enter a start and end number which allows you to release a series of coupons with coupon numbers in between the start and end value. The discount can only be used if one of the coupon codes is entered at check out.
In the bottom half of a discount profile is the Discount Mode section, which gives you the ability to configure how the discount applies to a product or service, and what it can be applied to.
- Discount Value: Controls how much the discount will actually be. If the discount type (see below) is set to percentage, the discount value field acts as a percentage. If the discount type is set to dollar amount, the discount value can be set to any dollar amount.
- Applies to: Can be set to line, or subtotal. Determines whether the discount is applied to a single item on a ticket, or to the entire subtotal of a ticket.
- Type: Can be set to percentage, or dollar value. Controls if the discount
- Discounts to Retail Price: Use this to override the other discount mode settings, allowing you to configure the discount to bring a product or service to a set price.
- Apply to Services: In this section, users can select the individual services the discount will apply to by clicking or tapping on their entries in this list. all or none can be selected as well, and the ctrl key can be used to select multiple services.
- Apply to Products: In this section, users can select the individual retail products the discount will apply to by clicking or tapping on their entries in this list. all or none can be selected as well, and the ctrl key can be used to select multiple products.
- Apply to Customer Types: In this section, users can select the individual types of customer the discount will apply to by clicking or tapping on their entries in this list. All or none can be selected as well, and the ctrl key can be used to select multiple customer types.