Regis Product Orders
- Migrating to the SuperCenter Ordering Process
- Syncing the Item Master
- Preparing the Product Order
- Adding Items via the “Quick Add” Feature
- Adding Items via the “Add Multiple Products” Feature
- Finalizing and Sending the Product Order to Regis
- FAQ and Troubleshooting
SuperSalon’s product ordering capabilities have been enhanced for Regis franchisees who order their product stock directly from Regis. The following guide will illustrate the processes involved in preparing, editing, and finalizing electronic product orders.
For all supported versions of SuperSalon, a correctly performed product order will consist of up to nine common steps.
- The Item Master sync procedure laid out in the following section, within the iOffice environment, and using the most up to date Item Master is an ideal first step. This will ensure that the discontinued flags are set and that the description, cost and price changes are updated. If you have multiple locations, you will be able to use Product Sync to carry the changes from one location to the other locations. Ensure that all missing items are added in this process, utilizing the Item Master.
- When the first two steps have been confirmed as completed; perform a STANDARD upload from the PoS. This will equalize both the iOffice and PoS environments.
- The Order Type is always “Regis”
- Carefully create the order in the PoS interface, and finalize it when complete.
- Click “Send Order”.
- Click “Submit Order”.
- When the status of the order is checked, it should now say “Submitted”.
- The status may take anywhere from 2-3 hours to change due to communications with Regis, and the response coming back to the PoS via scheduled upload. Manually performed Standard Uploads can therefore speed up the process.
- Upon completion of the electronic transmission of the order to Regis, the order status will be changed to “Ordered”. Important: If the user changes this status on PoS or iOffice to ordered manually it will stop the process from completing.
Migrating to the SuperCenter Ordering Process
There are several ways to migrate to the SuperCenter ordering process while using the SuperSalon POS. The options below were shared with us from the franchise community and document two methods that require a lesser amount of manual effort. This is NOT an all-inclusive list of options. Other processes exist and you must choose the one appropriate for your business.
Method 1: Continue Syncing with Regis Item Master
- When placing orders on the SuperCenter website, refer to the Regis/SuperCenter SKU Cross Reference Chart available on FRC/Marketing/Supercuts/Distribution Partners & Assortments.
- Your salon staff will still be able to use the POS scanner to scan in products they receive with their orders to update on-hand counts.
- Continue syncing your salons with the Regis Item Master.
- Keep historical sales data.
- Easily update pricing through syncing with Regis Item Master.
- Both Regis and SuperCenter SKU’s will ring in the POS.
- Low maintenance.
- Having to reference the SKU Cross Reference Chart when placing orders.
- SKU cross reference chart on FRC/Marketing/Supercuts/Distribution Partners & Assortments.
Method 2: Manual Update of Transition Scanner Code for each item using SuperCenter SKU
- Perform Regis Item Master Sync – Complete prior to beginning manual update.
- Manually update the Product Profile with the Transitional Scanner Code.
- On the SuperCenter US SKU Cross References.xlxs spreadsheet, identify the product you will be updating by it's Regis SKU.
- On iOffice, go to Manager -> Products -> Select Store and search for the product you will be updating using it's Regis SKU.
- Enter the SuperCenter SKU from the SuperCenter US SKU Cross References.xlxs spreadsheet into the Transition Scanner Code field on the product profile in iOffice.
- Perform a Product Store Sync.
- On iOffice, go to Store Sync -> Products -> Select Store.
- Configure Product Sync Filters as desired.
- Click Synchronize Test, and confirm that the changes made are correct (number of updated items, 0 errors, etc.). Click okay on the pop-up.
- Click Synchronize Store to finalize the sync from the Item Master.
- Confirm that the products were updated by checking them via Manager -> Products -> Select Store and open any products that were updated by the store sync.
- Complete a product sync using this store as the master location to sync the changes to all other stores.
- Allows salons to receive items into inventory using the Regis SKU, SuperCenter SKU or UPC code.
- Keep historical sales data for all converted items.
- Updates pricing by syncing to the Regis Item Master (transitional scanner code will not be changed during sync).
- Ability to export a PO built in SuperSalon POS ioffice to an excel file that will contain the transitional scanner code.
- Both Regis and SuperCenter Sku’s will ring in the POS.
- One-time manual process.
- Having to reference the SKU Cross Reference Chart when placing orders.
Syncing the Item Master
The first step of any good product order is to make sure all flags are properly set in the system by syncing the product list of the PoS to the Regis Item Master. This should already be a part of regular weekly account maintenance, but should also be done before any and all product orders to ensure accuracy. The following seven steps will ensure every product order goes as smoothly as possible.
- Log into iOffice and click the “Store Sync” tab.
- From within the Store Sync tab, click the last link on the left for the Item Master.
- Select the store that is to be synced with the dropdown menu highlighted in red below.
- In the next interface, select “Out of Sync” from the third dropdown, as shown in the next illustration, and then click the “View” button.
- Select the items to sync individually, or select the “All” link to do all at once. After all the desired items are selected for sync, click the “Synchronize Selected Items” button.
- The user will then be presented with a confirmation screen that will review all of the changes that will be made and to which products. Click “Synchronize Items” to complete the process.
- When the process is complete, a screen showing all of the changes that were made will signal the end of the sync.
Preparing the Product Order
Some Considerations when Preparing an Order
- Clicking on “Create PO” will generate an order based on both Alert (Min) and Par (Max) levels that have been set in SuperSalon.
- Changing the quantity (“Order Amt.”) to a line item will update the change upon exiting the field.
- Removing an item can be accomplished by setting the “Order Amt.” to 0, thereby removing it from the order.
- SAVE YOUR WORK! Should the POS need to be used due to daily traffic while in the middle of a product order, be sure to hit the “Save” button at the bottom of the page to ensure all changes are not lost.
- If applicable, select Vendor and / or Brand filters, then “Display Product List” to get a roster of all the items available to add to the purchase order.
- A green checkmark on the item row as you add qty’s indicates the items in question are added to the “Current PO”.
- When all of the items you need have been selected, click the “Add Selected Products” button.
- From the Manager > Products interface, click the “Product Orders” button located in the top right corner.
- The PO list will show all purchase orders processed by SuperSalon, along with their statuses, and the date they were created. To begin processing the order, click the “Create PO (Wizard)” button highlighted in red below.
- You can click Create Order and create an order manually or use Product Order Wizard to speed up your order creation. Here we will show how to use the Order wizard for maximum efficiency. Next you will first select a name for the Product Order, which will then appear on the left side Summary column.
- The next step is to select the Order Type from the button dropdown, which will ALWAYS be Regis. The Type will also populate under the left Summary column as well.
- Selecting the Vendor is the next step, which is accomplished with the next button down. Clicking the correct Vendor’s button will send it to the Summary.
- The next button menu down, “Select Brands” will give the user the ability to add the correct Brand to the Product Order.
- Clicking “Create PO” will continue the process to the next stage, and save the order to the roster, under the given or assigned name.
- The Product Order Information page will then populate, giving the user the ability to add the product(s) to the order. If the user initially decided to create the order manually in Step 2 by clicking the “Create PO” button instead of using the wizard, this would be the initial screen for the product order.
Adding Items via the “Quick Add” Feature
The easiest and most direct way to add items to the Product Order is by using the feature highlighted below. The Quick Add function involves a three step process of entering the item’s code, the desired quantity, and then clicking the green plus mark to create a new row in the purchase order. Changes to quantity can be made after the fact as well.Advantages of Using the Quick Add
- Can be used with a hand scanner to input the code via UPC.
- Requires only basic knowledge of the location’s inventory.
- Can be done quickly enough by frontline employees so as to not interrupt a salon’s workflow.
Adding Items via the “Add Multiple Products” Feature
The “Add Multiple Products” button (highlighted below) offers a more involved input process that will allow several products at once to be attached to the order.
After clicking the “Add Multiple Products” button, the user will be taken to the interface shown below which displays a series of filters to help narrow down the product selection.
Manually Adding Products
- Filter products by any of the following criteria:
- Vendor: All suppliers of your products will be made available for selection here.
- Brand Filter: Allows to further filter by product brand.
- Category Filter: Categories of products, such as shampoo or color items, can be filtered down here.
- Sort By: Allows the resultant product list to be sorted by Description, Code, Vendor, Brand, or Category.
- After all desired filters have been applied, click “Display Product List” to show the items in rows.
- Make any adjustments to the quantity desired, or click the “Auto Select” button to add the quantities based on the items’ Alert and Par levels.
- When finished filtering and selecting the items, click the far left area to populate the green check mark, then click the “Add Selected Products” button to add the items to the purchase order.
- Click the “Show Current PO” button to return to the Product Order.
Finalizing and Sending the Product Order to Regis
- After all of the correct products have been selected, the user can then either save the order or finalize and send it along. Once a Product Order is finalized in SuperSalon via the button highlighted below, it can no longer be edited.
- SuperSalon will then alert the user to confirm the order, as well as inform them of any items that may be excluded and removed due to not being on the Regis Item Master. Clicking “Ok” will finalize the process.
- When the Regis order is correctly finalized, it will then display a message confirming no more edits can be made. If there are any changes that are needed prior to sending the order to Regis, the order should be deleted and re-created. To send the order to Regis for fulfillment, click the “Submit Electronically” button, shown below.
- After a successful submission, the status of the order will show as “Submitted”, as highlighted below.
FAQ and Troubleshooting
I have not yet received the confirmation email after placing my order, what could be wrong?
This issue can be the result of any of the following:
- The salon PC has not yet performed a standard upload after submitting electronically.
- The “Marked as Ordered” button may have been used instead of the one labeled “Submit Electronically”.
- There may be an issue with the location’s internet connectivity.
- The email address may have been incorrectly spelled or input into the system.
How can I tell of the PoS uploaded the data without problems?
Going into Setup > Internet Setup > Upload Overview will display a roster of all recent uploads. Check the time of the most recent one, whether there is a double arrow indicating a standard upload, and whether the result was a green check mark.
I need to make a change on a finalized and submitted product order, what do I do now?
Especially in cases where the order was already submitted electronically, a call to technical support may be warranted.
How long from the time the order was submitted electronically can a user expect to see their order arrive?
This depends on the speed and efficiency of the vendor involved, but Regis will receive the actual order upon the next upload, after it was placed.