Transaction Summary Report
Location: Reports > Sales > Transaction Summary
Tracks deposits, sales, and employee performance for a single day or an expansive date range.
Use Cases by Role
- Salon Owner: This is a good report for salon owners who just want a quick snapshot of salon performance.
- Salon Manager: Salon managers can use this report to quickly see which staff members are performing better than others.
- Salon Employee: Stylists and other frontline salon staff can reference this report if they have questions about a particular timeframe in their sales performance.
- Select Stores: Clicking or tapping here will open the interface that allows the user to select the store(s) that will be be used for the report.
- Enter A Date Range: Clicking or tapping into this field will generate a calendar interface for the user to select a single date, or a date range.
- Generate Report: Clicking or tapping on this button will generate the report based on the other filter criteria.
- Deposits: This area in the upper left of the report shows counted and drawer over/short amounts for each payment method for the given timeframe. Totals for each are shown at the bottom of the section.
- Sales: The area in the upper right shows a quick snapshot of sales information for the timeframe of the report. Both the quantity and total dollar value of the following metrics are shown:
- Products Net
- Services Net
- + Tax
- – Paidouts
- Sales by Stylists: The middle section of the report shows a breakdown of staff performance based on these factors:
- Emp. #: The unique payroll ID for the employee.
- Name: The name of the staff member.
- Prod. Hours: The total number of production hours worked by the employee.
- Net Products: The total dollar value of all products sold by the staff member, after taxes and deductions.
- Net Services: The total dollar value of all services sold by the employee, after taxes.
- Free Services: The total dollar value of any services rendered at no charge by this employee.
- Qty: The quantity of all products and services sold by the employee.
- Total: The total dollar value of all retail products and services sold by this staff member.
- Totals: All totals are tallied at the bottom row of the report.
- Sales by Service Type: The bottom section of the report shows a breakdown of all services that were sold during the timeframe of the report and includes:
- Name: The unique name of the service, as it appears in its description.
- Qty: The total quantity of this service sold in the time of the report.
- Gross: The gross revenue generated by the sale of the service, before taxes and other deductions.
- Discount $: The total dollar value of all discounts applied to this service.
- Refund $: The total dollar amount of refunded revenue associated with the service.
- Net $: The total net dollar value in revenue of all sales of this service.
- Totals: The bottom row of this section has all totals tallied for each column.