SuperSalon Mobile App
SuperSalon’s Mobile App gives salon owners and their clients a fast and convenient way to work together. By utilizing this extended service, salons also increase their web presence and digital footprint by providing a useful tool for booking appointments and requesting popular staff members.
This topic will go over the boarding process, and give an overview of its features.
Requirements and Boarding Process
As of Q4, 2018, the requirements for a salon to utilize this extended service is as follows:
- SuperSalon PoS 22.214.171.124 version or higher
- High-speed access to the salon PoS
- The SalonCheckin Extended Service
- Mobile App component of SuperSalon SalonCheckin tool
Because the Mobile App is created and customized for each location, the boarding process can take 15 to 30 days to complete. During that time, the following tasks will need to be completed:
- All salons receiving access to the Mobile App will need to be updated to the 126.96.36.199 version of SuperSalon or higher.
- All network connections should be high-speed and free of issues.
- The UD ID of any Apple devices used to test the Mobile App should be provided to ProPoint Solutions.
- The Mobile App is then provided to Google Play and the iTunes Store for salon clients to download.
- As part of the boarding process, one or two prototypes of the Mobile App will be provided for testing. This is done prior to making it available for customers, ensuring that quality and customization needs are met.
Setup and Installation: Android® Devices
- On your Android device, tap the MENU button.
- Go to SETTINGS.
- Tap APPLICATIONS.
- Make sure that “UNKNOWN SOURCES” is checked as shown in the image on the right.
- Read the warning message and acknowledge if you are OK to proceed with the changes.
- Open the email from your Android device. Tap the INSTALL button next to the .apk attachment.
Setup and Installation for Apple® Devices
Setting up your Apple device is a two-part process. The first part involves the UDID for your device and the second part involves the app installation. Because of Apple’s procedures, setup completion can take from 1 to 4 weeks.
Finding Your Device’s UDID
- Connect your Apple iPod Touch or iPhone to your computer using the USB connection cable.
- Open up the iTunes software.
- iTunes will display the device on the left hand side of the screen under the Devices panel. Select the device name to display the Summary window.
- The Summary window displays the device Name, Capacity, Build, and Serial Number. Move your mouse cursor over the Serial Number and right click.
- The serial number will change into the identifier. This is typically a string of 40 characters. The UDID can not be highlighted. To copy it, press Ctrl+C (Windows) or Command+C (Mac) on your keyboard.
- Once the UDID has been copied, email the number to ProPoint Solutions via [email protected] A build of the App that is usable on your device will be emailed back. If you are unsure of how to install the App on your device, please move on to the next section for further instructions.
Installing the Mobile App on iPod Touch or iPhone
- Connect your Apple iPod Touch or iPhone to your computer via USB cable.
- Open up the iTunes software.
- Select File in the upper left hand corner of iTunes and select Add File to Library.
- Go to where you saved the Salon Checkin App from step 6 of the last section.
- Select the Salon Checkin App. While the build number may appear different, the file should appear similar to the image on the right.
- Select Open to add the Salon Checkin App to your iTunes library.
- Navigate to the Apps section of your library to bring up a list of currently available Apps on your system.
- Drag the App icon from the listing to the device listed under the Devices section of iTunes, as shown in the image on the right.
- iTunes will copy the App to your device and sync for a brief period of time before signaling it is okay to disconnect the device. It is now possible to use the App on your iPod Touch or iPhone.
Booking a Visit with the Mobile App
Finding the Salon
With the Mobile App installed, salon customers are ready to book their appointments. The application will allow them to quickly find their salon, show wait times, and check in. The SuperSalon Mobile App supports multiple locations, but remains branded to the overall account.
When salon clients launch the application, they will see the splash screen and logo of the organization, as it was set up in the initial roll out and on boarding process.
Users are then presented with a map of the affiliated l salon locations in their area (GPS must be enabled). Clients can then choose to either use the map feature, or a simplified list of locations, as shown in the two illustrated examples on the right.
Reviewing Salon Information
After selecting the desired location, the user is taken to a page that displays information about that salon, such as hours of operation and social media links. There are option buttons along the bottom of the page that allow users to customize their experience further, and are broken down as follows:
- Favorite: By tapping this, the salon is added to the user’s personal list of bookmarked favorites.
- Directions: This gives users driving directions to the salon from their current location (GPS must be enabled).
- Call: Tapping this button places a call to the salon’s listed phone number.
- Check in: By tapping this button, the client can check in and select the desired service from the salon’s menu of offerings.
Selecting a Service
The salon client can now select the desired service from the list that is offered by the location. This list of services can be customized to match each one offered at each location. When the salon client selects a location, these are the services that they will see.Salon customers can select multiple services for their visit by tapping the selection slider next to each of their names in the given roster.
The illustrated example to the right shows a list of services offered by this salon, and the accompanying selection sliders to the right of each one.
Setting the Appointment
The next screen will feature an easy-to-use calendar which is updated in real time to reflect salon stylists’ availability. By tapping on a date, the salon customer is then shown a list of times when their desired salon staff members available.White in the interface indicate available slots, and gray represent those that are already taken/scheduled.
Tapping the selected time slot reserves that time, and allows the salon customer to continue the booking process.
Confirming an Appointment
Now that the desired service, date, and time have been selected by the salon customer, they can now confirm the appointment. The salon client will be asked for their name and mobile phone number, and these will then appear as written in the SuperSalon point-of-sale at the location when it comes time for the visit to take place.
Tapping the green “Confirm” button on the lower right-hand side of the interface finalizes the appointment, and places it in the device’s internal calendar.
Now that the appointment has been successfully booked, the salon client has the option of reviewing it at any time without having to open the Mobile App itself. As shown in the images to the right, the appointment is now in the personal calendar on the device.
Tapping on the appointment’s calendar entry will populate the screen shown on the right where all of the important information is displayed. Alerts can also be set from here as well is the locations address being highlighted in red for easy reference.
The SuperSalon Mobile App allows salon clients to cancel their appointments from their devices. To do so, they simply need to launch the Mobile App and select “My Check ins”. This area will display all past appointments, as well as currently scheduled ones.
To cancel a specific appointment, the customer simply taps on the red “Cancel” button at the right hand side of the appointment details. The Mobile App will then ask the client to confirm the cancellation by tapping “Confirm Cancel” at the bottom of the screen.
The updated information will then be sent directly to the SuperSalon point-of-sale at the location itself.
Working with Mobile App Tickets
New Online Check-in Ticket Alert
When a salon client makes their appointment using the Mobile App, an alert is generated and displayed in the main Sales screen of the SuperSalon point-of-sale at the location.
The illustrated example on the right shows the details of the upcoming appointment, and clicking or tapping on “Ok” will clear the alert from the screen.
When the salon customer arrives at the location for their appointment, clicking or tapping their appointment ticket brings up the details shown on the right. Note that the “Source” is defined as “Mobile”, and the customer’s mobile number is indicated. By selecting “Ticket Options” the salon client and staff member can further edit or modify the information that is listed.