Store Sync Basics
Designed to give owners of multiple locations an across-the-board establishment of several important business elements that range from the services provided, to system permissions, and more.
Account level changes can be distributed among several locations at once, and locations with great successes can also share the elements that have helped in that success, such as promotional discounts. Effective services, discounts, and products can be synced from one store to one or more others.
Simplified Store Sync Process
Step One: From anywhere on iOffice, go to the Store Sync tab and choose what you’d like to sync using the sub-menu on the left hand side of the page.
Step Two: Select the master store you’ll be using for this particular sync from the drop down menu – that’s the store you’ll be copying from.
Step Three: Carefully review the filters and options sub-menu. Here you can narrow down the list of things you see listed as available for sync, and you also have a number of options to choose from to customize or limit what you might want to include or exclude in the sync.
I need to learn about sync filters and options for:
- Auto Discounts
- Paid In / Paid Out Account Codes
- Series Sales
- Service Credits
- The Item Master
Step Four: Select the individual items that are to be synchronized in the middle column. You can also use the All / None buttons below to select or deselect every item listed.
Step Five: In the right hand column, click or tap on the individual locations that will be the receiving salons for the synchronization.
Step Six: Click the Synchronize Test button at the bottom of the page. A pop-up menu will then generate, showing any errors that may have been experienced during the test. A more detailed explanation of any errors will be explained in the Synchronize Messages text field below.
Step Seven: Depending on the results from the test run, it may be necessary to address any issues presented before continuing with the sync. Resolve any errors that may be reported, and then confirm for the final time that everything is in order. Click the Synchronize Stores button at the bottom of the page.
Step Eight: Once you finalize the sync by clicking the Synchronize Stores button and waiting for it to finish, you can confirm that it was successful by reviewing one or more of the receiving stores to see if the elements were synced.
What can go Wrong, and Simple Troubleshooting
Products/Services/Other Element Disappearing from the Receiving Stores
When a Store Sync is performed in iOffice, the resulting query overwrites the data in the local SuperSalon POS upon the next Standard Upload. Potentially, depending on the initial settings set in the fine tuning of the Store Sync, items can be deleted from the receiving stores that are not present in the master location being used.
- Prevention: Make sure Delete items not found in Master drop-down is not set to Yes during the fine-tuning process, unless the desired result is to wipe the existing product list and replace it with the new one from the master during this sync.
- Resolution: Reenter item(s) into the system of one location, or the master, and re-synchronize.
Used Wrong Location as the Master
Another very common occurrence is when the incorrect location is used as the master, and the resultant Store Sync has overwritten the one intended for that purpose. Depending on the elements involved, and the extent of the change, this can be a particularly frustrating mistake, but very easily prevented.
- Prevention: Implement a stringent verification policy for all staff members who perform the synchronization of business elements, and ensure that they have read and understand how to use this guide.
- Resolution: Correct the original master salon’s inventory, service lists, etc., and re-synchronize.
Discounts are Synchronized, but Restrictions are Not
This issue occurs during the fine-tuning process prior to the synchronization test, and is often times not discovered until front-line employees attempt to use the discount.
- Prevention: The easiest preventative measure is to have the same product, services, and discounts list in the master and receiving location before the discount restrictions will properly sync.
You can also make certain that Synchronize Discount Restrictions is set to Yes in the drop-down of the fine-tuning process in the Discount synchronization interface.
- Resolution: Correct the issue by selecting the proper answer in the appropriate drop-down, and re-synchronize.
Synchronization Changes do not Appear in One or More Locations
More often than not, this commonly encountered problem is the result of an issue with the receiving locations’ upload ability. If for some reason the location was set to perform a Full Upload, for example, it’s data in iOffice would be overwritten by any queued synchronizations.
- Prevention: Make sure each receiving location is configured to perform a Standard Upload after the synchronization is set, and is able to do so. Receiving locations will also need to be connected to the Internet for this to occur.
- Resolution: Correct the upload issues in the receiving locations, and re-perform the synchronization for the ones who did not receive the change.
Sync Test Includes Errors
Every so often a store sync test may have results that include one or more errors. The Synchronization Message field will accurately describe any that are present, after which you can address them or call ProPoint technical support for assistance.
- Prevention: Establish and maintain a properly organized database for all elements in SuperSalon, from employees and services, to products, permissions, and beyond.
- Resolution: Review the error message displayed and address it based on error described. This may include making a change to one or more elements that are being synced. Call ProPoint Support at 1-888-458-1001 ext. 2 for help.