Sales Tax Update Utility
Update sales and service taxes for all locations within an account, all at once. The sales tax update utility utilizes a spreadsheet import mechanic to quickly apply tax changes to all specified locations.
Understanding Sales Tax Data Headers
Sales Tax Headers
- DB Name: You can find a store’s database name on iOffice by going to Setup > Internet Setup > Office Upload under the Store Username field. You can add the sales tax to multiple salons by creating a row for each store you want to import the tax into.
- Rate: The percentage value of your sales tax. Do not include a percentage symbol. Numeric decimal values only.
- Name: This will simply be the title of the sales tax you are importing into the salon’s data.
- AppliesToAllProducts: 1 or 0 value only. Decide whether or not you want to apply this sales tax to ALL products. 1 means yes, 0 means no.
- AppliesToAllServices: 1 or 0 value only. Decide whether or not you want to apply this sales tax to ALL services. 1 means yes, 0 means no.
- ReplacementTax: 1 or 0 value only. Decide if this tax will act as a replacement tax or not. 1 means yes, 0 means no.
- Code: Leave this field blank, or enter a code of your choosing.
- Delete: Leave this field blank.
Importing a Tax .csv
Step One: Download the sales tax or service tax template file that you need below. Edit it and fill it in based on the requirements outlined above. Save the file.
Step Two: From anywhere on iOffice, select the Tools tab in the overhead toolbar, and then select the Sales Tax Update Utility sub-menu within.
Step Three: Click the Choose File button in either the Sales or Service Tax rows, depending on which one you are importing. Select the .csv file you edited and saved on your computer in step 1, and click open.
Step Four: Click the Submit button to upload the CSV spreadsheet to iOffice.