Monthly Sales Trend Report
Location: Reports > Products > Monthly Sales Trend
Month by month breakdown of product sales that compares this year’s product sales to last year’s sales, by month (broken down by brand).
Use Cases by Role
- Salon Owner: This report is good for salon owners who would like to see how the current year’s retail performance compares to last year’s.
- Salon Manager: Salon managers can utilize this report to motivate their teams to outdo last year’s sales figures.
- Salon Employee: Stylists and other frontline salon staff can reference this report when they want to concentrate on their retail sales performance.
- Select Store: Clicking or tapping here will open the interface that allows the user to select the store(s) that will be be used for the report.
- Select Year: This drop down menu is used to determine the “current” year for the purposes of the report. Any year selected will be compared to the year prior.
- Generate Report: Clicking or tapping on this button will generate the report based on the other filter criteria.
- Hide Empty Brands: Brands having no sales associated with them will be excluded from the report when this box is ticked.
- Hide Empty Months: If a month in a certain year has no sales associated with it, it will be excluded from the report if this box is checked.
- Compare Mode: Filling in this checkbox will exclude months that do not have values for either year.
- Brand: The far left column will list each brand that had retail sales associated with it.
- Month of Current Year: Each month of the current year is represented by a column, and to the total sales revenue generated by each brand for that month.
- Month of Previous Year: The column to the right of each current year’s month will reflect sales values for the same month of the previous year.
- YTD Current Year: The sales revenue generated by this product Brand for the current year.
- YTD Previous Year: This column will show the total sales revenue for this product Brand for the previous year.
- Diff: Both a dollar value total and a percentage value will be displayed in these two columns, comparing the current year to the previous one.