From this submenu, the Zebra model 2824 label printer can be configured for use with SuperSalon’s inventory features. The 1-3/16 inch x 27/32 inch labels can be adhered to retail products, and other items in the location. At this time, this is the only model currently supported by SuperSalon.
The Label Printer Submenu
- Test: Selecting this button will send a signal to the device for diagnostic purposes.
- Save: Selecting this button will save the current configuration into SuperSalon.
- Enable Label Printer: This checkbox determines whether label printer functionality is activated or deactivated.
- Share Name: this text field is where users can enter a unique name for the label printer on the local printer network. The default we recommend is “ZebraLP2” (without the quotes).
- Device: This drop-down allows users to select the Zebra 2824 printer. This drop-down also serves to activate or deactivate the feature.
- Font Size: This drop-down gives users a selection of different sized alphanumeric characters for the label output.
- Print Group Separator: Setting this to “yes” or “no” will determine whether an extra label will be printed between each item on in order.
- Command Text: This text field provides an interface for users to directly communicate with the device. Referring to the device manual will show the various commands that can be used.
Zebra 2824 Printer Installation and Use
- Install the drivers from the disk that came with the printer. The full name for the devices the ZebraEPL LP2824. Make sure you select “USB” as the port during installation. Leave everything else as default.
- To use the Zebra 2824, the device must be shared as a printer.
- In Windows, go to Start>Settings>Printers and Faxes.
- Right click on the Zebra printer icon and select “sharing…” from the context menu.
- From the “Share” tab of the Zebra Properties window, select “Share this Printer”.
- Set the printer share name to “ZebraLP2”.